Are we taking fresh air for granted?
We often hear of the quote "let's head out and grab some fresh air". However, have we ever pondered on our perceptions of fresh air? Is it the air that you would breathe while strolling in the park or is it the pristine air from the Alps?
![]() |
| Muldoon's Corner, New Zealand |
Recently, I met a friend from Shanghai and he was envious of the clean air that I got to enjoy in Singapore. He went on to complain about the poor air conditions that he had to face back in Shanghai and the mounting public concerns of the increased risk of lung cancer. Upon listening to his rant, I concurred with him on the importance of fresh air and shared with him on my experience of the severe haze episode in Singapore back in 2013.
Perhaps do we really take fresh air for granted and only realise its importance when being deprived of it? Air pollution is indeed a pressing issue in many major cities around the world and I have my personal experience, albeit a short one. Stay tuned as I seek to explore the severity of air pollution around the world and other air pollution related issues.

No comments:
Post a Comment